Tuesday 23 February 2010

welcome to Green Wolff

My existing blog http://www.blog.wolffs.info started as the reflection of a Christian Reformed Church minister on issues to do with the relationship between religion and secular society from a theological perspective.

Increasingly, as my involvement with the Green Party in Oxford has deepened, my posts have taken the blog away from this and into different territory.

The Reformed Church asserts that the church, as an institution, must not directly hold political power; and within the life of the Church itself people should not be discriminated against on party political grounds. However, individual members and ministers are encouraged, as part of their personal witness, to be politically engaged - as individuals.

It is important, then, as a minister, to maintain a separation between my 'professional' life and my political life. Hence this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment